App.net Private Message Checker
- Download the ZIP file.
- Run Setup.exe
- You may be required to install Microsoft Framework 4.5 (reboot may be required).
- ADN Checker installs to ‘%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Whitley Media\ADN Checker’
- When the setup completes, you can choose to launch ADN Checker.
- The application will display a form called “Settings.” Click on “Get Access Token.”
- A browser window will open and you’ll be asked to login and grant permissions.
- The final screen will provide you with the access token (this process may not run if IE is your default browser).
- Copy the access token and paste it into the App Checker settings form. Then click save.
Running ADN Checker
When ADN Checker first starts, it will show an icon in your system tray for the first minute of operation. You can hide the icon by right-clicking on it and clicking “Hide.” After the first minute of operation, ADN Checker will check for new private messages. If no new messages are found, the icon will disappear. If new messages are found, the icon will continue to display.
ADN Checker will check App.net every minute (not configurable at this time). If any unread messages are found, the icon will be displayed in your system tray.
Double-click the icon to visit Omega.Alpha.net and read your messages.
If you don’t have any unread messages, the icon will not be displayed.
Please note that omega will automatically mark messages as read for a stream that is being displayed in the browser. This may be confusing if you are waiting for ADN Checker to display the icon. You can close the browser or exit to the main screen of Omega to ensure that it is not marking read messages.
data-text=”App.net Private Message Checker (Shannon Whitley)”